Monday, March 21, 2011

Remembering . . .

So I am challenged this week to remember some good things, and I don't mean challenged in that it is a difficult thing. I mean challenged as in it my intent to be thankful and remember the good things about my life.

A tribute to a woman that I am honored to call family. . . my grandmother.


1. Whilst understanding and walking through grief over my Grandmother's passing, I remember the times we sat at the piano together and I sang random songs...from musicals, from classical pieces, from Disney movies, such a conglomeration!

2. My favorite place in the whole world to be is sitting behind a piano, fully emotionally connected, singing to the Lover of my soul. And boy, am I blessed that Grandma imparted a love of playing . . . I would truly be lost without it.

3. I love trivia, and bits of information that seem random and useless until the one moment when I remember that I only know said information because I spent hours learning from Grandma how to strategize about the Daily Times crossword puzzle.

4. I enjoy wine . . . another gift from her. And I am thankful for a redeemed appreciation of something so acquired a taste.

5. I enjoy my creative side. Knitting, crocheting, color, perspective . . . inherited perks of having an artistic grandmother!

"It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment