Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oh, times are changin'!

So beyond the obvious 6 or 7 hour time difference, I feel like the times in my heart are changing.

I can't really say much more than I feel somewhat complete in pursuing my dreams right now. Yes, it has been a transition. Yes, I have moved away from most 'comfortable' things. Yes, I am living 15,000 miles away from home. And yet, in it all, I am feeling the change of time in the most gracious, merciful way.

So this morning we decided to start a "quote board" for our house. I have to say that I am completely blessed to have such amazingly funny ("You're F, U, (laughter ensues)..." for those in Casa 2) housemates. Humor is a big part of life here in Pemba for the last four weeks and the next four weeks. It feels like a huge gift to me. I'm aware that these are seasonal relationships, and I am in love with Africa still!

I'd apologize for not writing, to those who are following this blog, but I can't say that I'm exactly sorry that I haven't been able to write. The whole of not being connected all the time is really nice. I'm sure in time (heh.) it will become more frequent, but for now, I'll do my best to stay offline and connected at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment